Pre-Orders Now Being Taken
Key Features: Olympus OM-D EM1X Digital Camera Body
- World’s best dust-, splash-, & freeze-proofing
- World’s best image stabilisation performance with up to 7.5 EV steps of compensation
- Re-developed AF system with various AF target modes and settings and intelligent subject tracking
- 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with improved supersonic wave filter for dust reduction
- Dual TruPicVIII high-speed image processors enabling high-speed responsiveness and new innovative features
- Pro Capture mode for action photography supporting RAW shooting without blackout
- 50 MP Handheld High Res shot functionality
- Live ND feature for slow shutter effects without external filter
- Key “OM-D Movie” video capabilities – 4K and C4K, OM-Log400, Different levels of IS, 120fps high-speed shooting in FullHD
- Integrated field sensors to add detailed metadata to pictures and video
- Anti-flicker shooting capabilities
- Two UHS-II SD card slots for high speed responsiveness
- Two batteries in innovative cartridge system and USB charging capabilities
Olympus OM-D E-M1X
Improved design and ergonomics
The layout, shape, and height of all buttons and levers were completely redesigned to deliver controls enabling users to concentrate on shooting with the viewfinder – which features a new optical design with the industry’s top class magnification of 0.83x (35mm equivalent).
Navigation has never been easier
A multi selector joystick is included in both the horizontal and vertical positions so that users can quickly shift focus areas. In addition to the standard lock lever, a new C-lock lever allows for locking the controls in the vertical position.
Enhanced battery life
Due to a cartridge insert system for two BLH-1 batteries (also used for the E-M1 Mark II) in the EM1X, users can capture up to 2,580 images before having to recharge. Featuring USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) from up to 100 W power sources, both batteries in the camera body can be fully charged in approximately two hours.
Re-developed autofocus system for optimal speed and precision
The OM-D AF system has been completely re-developed for the E-M1X: building on the 121-point all-cross-type on-chip Phase Detection AF sensor from the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, the AF algorithm has been re-worked and dramatically improved. The EM1X utilises AF information from recorded images to enable quick tracking of unpredictable subject movements and changes in subject speed.
All-new Pro Capture Mode
The camera’s Pro Capture Mode records up to 35 frames retroactively from when the shutter button is released during shooting. This feature already received praise when being introduced on the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, and is ideal for action photography.
Live ND Functionality
A new Live ND functionality incorporates slow shutter speed effects as though using an ND filter. The scene can be reviewed in the viewfinder and the effect edited before users take the photo. Effects can be set in five levels: ND2 (equivalent to one shutter speed step), ND4 (2 steps), ND8 (3 steps), ND16 (4 steps), and ND32 (5 steps).