- Supreme G Master optical design with 13 optical elements, 2 XA elements and ED glass and Nano AR coating for outstanding bokeh quality and extreme resolution
- This also limits sagittal flare at the edges of the image, particularly important for astrophotography
- Fast, precise and accurate autofocus using a newly developed Direct Drive SuperSonic Motor (DDSSM focus drive)
- Advanced optical technology achieves high resolution, even at maximum aperture F1.4
- Fast, precise, quiet focusing along with professional control and reliability for stills and movies
- Compact and lightweight design with a filter diameter of f67mm and measures just 75.4mm x 92.4mm and weighs a mere 445g
- Target usage : landscape, wedding, street photography, astrophotography
Designed for Full-Frame – Compliments APS-C:
This high image quality and compact lens is a perfect complement to Sony’s Full-Frame mirrorless cameras such as the A7R III and A7 III and is also compatible with Sony’s APS-C sensor mirrorless cameras such as a6500 and a6300, bringing the total number of native Sony a E-mount lenses to 48 (as of September 2018).
Superb optical performance:
Realising consistently high resolution across the entire frame, even at F1.4, the FE 24mm F1.4 GM boasts a new optical design comprising 10 groups with 13 elements featuring two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements. The incorporation of two XA elements effectively suppresses sagittal flareso that point light sources are accurately reproduced. This makes the FE 24mm F1.4 GMa compelling proposition for starscape photographers. Sony’s unique Nano AR Coating is applied to reduce flare and ghosting for impressive clarity, even in landscape shots where the position of the sun is often problematic with other lenses.
Beautiful, high-quality bokeh:
In addition to its landscape and starscape shooting abilities, the FE 24mm F1.4 GMalso has excellent close up performance of 0.24 metres (0.79ft.) and delivers soft and natural bokeh. As a member of Sony’s flagship G Master series lenses, the new lens features an incredible level of image quality and bokeh. As bokeh quality is directly affected by spherical aberration and axial and lateral chromatic aberration that can also cause colour bleeding, all of these factors are painstakingly controlled at the design and manufacturing stages and each lens is individually tested and adjusted to achieve maximum image quality and bokeh.