Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM Key Features:
- As this lens features a Canon EF (Electro-Focus) lens mount, you can use this lens on a Canon full-frame camera (Such as the 1D X, 5D Mk III, 6D etc.) and a cropped sensor (APS-C) camera with EF-S mount (EG. 350D, 7D, 550D, 60D etc.).
- Next-generation optical design, featuring ultra-low dispersion (UD) and super UD elements for exceptional sharpness.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture for low-light shooting and control over depth of field.
- Aspherical lens elements combat chromatic aberration.
- L-series build quality; sealed against dust and moisture.
- Tough construction protects against knocks and bumps.
- Fluorine coated front and rear elements for easy cleaning.
- Ultrasonic AF for fast, near-silent focusing with full-time manual override.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.38m.
- Nine-bladed circular aperture diaphragm for smooth natural bokeh.
- The original EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens was introduced in 2002 to replace the EF 28-70mm f/2.8L USM.
- The EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM is a very popular lens noted for its versatility and image quality.
- With the progression of the digital camera age, Canon has listened to users’ demands for a version of this lens that offers higher image quality and a reduction of performance loss resulting from long-term use in harsh environments.
- As a response, Canon has developed and released the EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, offering extremely high image quality.
In Comparison: Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II USM vs Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM
|Model||Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II USM||Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM|
|Date introduced||Feb 2012||Nov 2002|
|Ultra low dispersion element (UD)||1x super UD & 2 x UD||1x UD|
|Circular aperture||9 blades||8 blades|
|Min. focusing distance||0.38m||0.38m|
|Full Time Manual Focus||Yes||Yes|
|Zoom ring lock||Yes||No|
|Weight||Aprox 805g||Aprox 950g|
The main advantages of the new EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM are:
- Higher contrast and definition
- Reduced chromatic aberration
- Improved bokeh