Canon EF 35mm f2 IS USM Lens
- Image Stabilizer equivalent to a shutter speed of 4-stops
- Silent, fast autofocus using a ring-type USM
- Light and compact design
- Moulded glass aspherical lens element corrects aberrations
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.24m
- Circular aperture for beautiful bokeh
- High-speed autofocus with optimised AF control
- Full-time manual focusing
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl): 63°, 38°, 54°
A natural wide-angle view
Offering a natural perspective and a wider angle of view, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is a good alternative standard lens to a traditional 50mm optic when used on a full-frame DSLR. On EOS cameras with APS-C sized sensors it gives an angle of view similar to a 56mm lens.
Image stabilisation for low-light shooting
Shoot hand held in low-light conditions using shutter speeds that are up to four stops slower than usually recommended. Image Stabilizer (IS) technology detects automatically when a photographer is panning to follow moving objects and switches off stablisation in this direction.
Large f/2 maximum aperture
Shooting with apertures as wide as f/2 enables photographers to work with shallow depth of field. Enjoy a bright viewfinder image and use relatively fast shutter speeds even in dim conditions.
Enjoy fast, near-silent autofocus thanks to a ring-type ultrasonic AF motor. Stay in control with full-time manual focus override.
Sophisticated optical design
An aspherical lens element maximises image quality while a eight-bladed aperture diaphragm delivers smooth, out-of-focus bokeh. The EF 35mm f/2 IS USM focuses down to 0.24m, letting you get close to your subjects.
Small enough to always warrant a place in your bag, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is perfect for reportage and street photography.