Canon EF 400mm f4 DO IS II Key Features:
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare
- Large diameter ground aspherical lens and UD lens for even greater optical performance
- Optical Image Stabiliser provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*
- Three image stabilisation modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide exceptional results for a wide range of shooting situations
- For greater convenience, Image Stabiliser does not have to be disabled when shooting with a tripod
- AF stop buttons on the front of the lens allow you to stop autofocusing at any point
- Optimised lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimising ghosting and flare
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 ft./3.3 m
Portable, lightweight design
The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM is smaller and lighter than a conventionally designed 400mm f/4 lens, weighing in at just 2100g. This is made possible by using Canon’s innovative Diffractive Optics (DO) technology, which corrects for the undesirable optical effects that would otherwise come about through such a drastic reduction in size.
Improved resistance to flare and fringing
The third-generation DO technology used in the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM makes it a superb performer, particularly in the hands of those shooting sports, wildlife and news photography. The lens is resistant to flare and coloured fringing, and delivers excellent sharpness right across the frame.
Image Stabiliser technology
Shoot confidently using shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal. The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM’s Image Stabiliser (IS) will guard against camera shake and preserve critical sharpness. The lens’ IS operates in one of three modes: the first is for still subjects, the second for panning shots, while the third is designed for erratic, fast-moving action.
Intuitive controls on the barrel of the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM fall instinctively under the fingers when you’re shooting. Use the wide manual focus ring to make fine adjustments without taking the camera away from your eye. Focus Preset and Focus Stop controls allow photographers to concentrate on a specific point in the scene.
Great for movies too
Power Focus technology lets photographers shooting video produce pull-focus type effects that transition smoothly between different parts of the scene.
Built to perform
When conditions get tough, the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM lets you keep shooting with confidence. Weather sealed construction guards against dust and moisture, while anti-smear fluorine coating on the lens’ front element repels water and dirt.