Nikon 50mm f1.8 D AF Lens
- On a DX-sensor Nikon digital SLR the focal length is equivalent to 75mm (due to a 1.5x ‘crop factor’).
- 46° picture angle with film or FX cameras, 31° with DX cameras.
- Manual focus only with the Nikon D40, D40x, D60, D3100 or D5100 (full AF on all other Nikon DSLRs).
- D-type lens uses distance information for i-TTL or D-TTL flash and ambient exposure metering.
- 52mm filter size for standard threaded filters.
- Exceptionally lightweight and compact. Ideal for travel photography.
- Stops down to f22 for extended depth-of-field.
Nikon’s first generation Auto-Focus lenses
D type lenses provide distance information as part of flash and ambient light exposure processes. D-type lenses also have a manual aperture ring.