Save £200 Until 3rd August
Pentax K-70 Digital SLR Camera: Key Features
- State-of-the-art 24 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Tough, weather-sealed system
- Hybrid AF system for Live View shooting
- High-precision AF system with SAFOX X module
- Pentax-original shake-reduction system
- Pixel Shift Resolution System
- Anti-aliasing filter simulator
- Supportive shooting functions
- Optical viewfinder with almost 100 percent f.o.v
- High speed shutter and continuous shooting function
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording
- Vari-angle LCD monitor to allow shooting from all angles
- Functional customisation options
- Wireless LAN connection
Pentax K-70 Digital SLR Camera: Details
Capture high resolution images with the 24 megapixel sensor
- The Pentax K-70 features a state-of-the-art CMOS sensor with 24 megapixels.
Tough, weather-sealed system
- Dust-proof, weatherproof, waterproof, and cold-proof down to -10°C, the Pentax K-70 is the perfect camera to use outdoors no matter the weather conditions.
- It has been designed for active outdoor shooting such as mountain climbing and camping, with a new grip design that provides a firm hold even whilst wearing gloves, and a redesigned mode dial and control buttons.
- The rear LCD monitor’s brightness can be adjusted depending on the shooting environment and location, and features a red-lighted display function for astronomical or low-lighting photography.
Optical Viewfinder with nearly 100 percent field of view
- Incorporating a glass prism finder featuring the same optics and coating as those used within higher-level models, the Pentax K-70’s viewfinder has a nearly 100 percent field of view and magnification of approximately 0.95 times to provide a wide and bright image.
Shoot with super-high sensitivity
- The newly-developed accelerator unit works with the high-speed PRIME MII imaging engine to minimise noise at all sensitivity levels, allowing you to capture fine-detailed images even at the top sensitivity of ISO 102400.
High-speed AF operation during Live View shooting
- The Pentax K-70 uses Pentax’s first Hybrid AF system which combines the advantages of phase-matching AF and contrast-detection AF to guarantee pinpoint, high-speed AF when shooting via Live View.
High-precision autofocus system
- Featuring the high-precision SAFOX X AF sensor module, the Pentax K-70 has a responsive and dependable autofocus system. There are 11 sensors including 9 cross-type sensors in the centre, which can accurately focus at a minimum brightness level as low as -3 EV.
- The accuracy in AF-C mode has been enhanced due to the advanced features such as: Select-area Expansion, which automatically refocuses on a moving subject after it moves from the starting point; and an AF Hold function that maintains the initial focus point even when the subject is no longer in sight.
- Outstanding AF tracking performance when photographing moving subjects.
Featuring Pentax’s own Shake-reduction system
- The Pentax K-70 minimises camera shake to deliver sharp, blur-free photographs even with telephoto lenses or in low-light conditions, due to the high-accuracy gyro sensor that provides a compensation effect of 4.5 shutter steps.
Pixel Shift Resolution System
- The latest super-resolution technology, called Pixel Shift Resolution System, captures four images of the same scene and then synthesises them into a single composite image.
- This innovative system obtains all colour data from each pixel to produce super-high-resolution images with accurate colours and fine details.
An array of customisation options
- The Pentax K-70 allows the user to customise a choice of menu items and the order they appear in.
- The user can also assign one of the seven functions to each of the two Fx buttons.
- There are also three USER modes, which the user can assign desired camera settings to.
AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator to minimise moiré
- The Pentax K-70’s AA filter simulator provides the same level of moiré reduction as an optical AA filter, but unlike an optical AA filter can be switched on or off and adjusted based on the photographic conditions.
Capture fast-moving subjects with high-speed shutter
- The Pentax K-70 has a maximum shutter speed of 1/6000 second, allowing photographers to capture sharply focused images even with fast-moving subjects.
- High-speed continuous shooting function has a top speed of six images per second.
Upgraded Full HD Movie recording
- The Pentax K-70 is capable of capturing high-resolution Full HD (1080p) video in the H.264 recording format.
- A built-in stereo microphone records stereo sound.
- When the HD DA 55-300mm f4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE or SMC DA 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR lenses are used, the user can take advantage of the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode to accurately focus on moving subjects.
- When the HD DA 55-300mm f4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE lens is used, users can automatically set exposure using the new aperture control function.
- 4K Interval Movie mode connects a series of 4K-resolution still images at a fixed interval to create a single movie file.
Vari-angle LCD monitor
- Shoot from a variety of angles using the vari-angle LCD screen.
Connect to a smartphone using the Wireless LAN Connection
- By installing the Image Sync application on a mobile device, users can remotely check the Live View image, capture still images, transfer captured images, or adjust camera settings such as aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for high-precision light metering
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism to shake dust off from the surface of the CMOS image sensor
- Timer exposure mode— a new shooting feature incorporated for the first time in a PENTAX digital SLR camera — which allows the user to expend an exposure time to as long as 20 minutes in Bulb mode, and automatically closes the shutter when the user-selected exposure time expires
- A pair of e-dials for efficient control of the PENTAX-invented hyper operating system
- Self-timer function, which even works in the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode
- Clarity control and Skin Tone correction functions — a pair of the latest image processing technologies developed by RICOH Central Laboratory
- A selection of imaging tools, such as Custom Images, Digital Filters and Scene Modes