Key Features: Sony FE 16-35mm f2.8 G Master Lens
- 2 x glass XA elements (extreme aspherical), 3 Aspherical and 2 ED glass (extra low dispersion) that minimize chromatic aberration and effectively control distortion
- An 11-blade circular aperture and 2 XA elements achieve smooth, beautiful bokeh as well as ultra-high resolution unique to G master lenses
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) unit ensures precise, fast, quiet autofocus, with a dust and moisture resistant construction
- Nano AR Coating cuts reflections for improved clarity and contrast
- A focus hold button, manual focus ring, and AF/MF switch provide extra on-lens control for smooth, efficient operation in a wide range of situations
The front XA (eXtreme Aspherical) element on this lens is the largest ever produced and works alongside 2 x ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements to minimise aberration and maximise resolution. Contrast and clarity are ensured by Sony’s reflection-suppressing Nano AR coating.
Focussed on beauty
An 11-bladed aperture design maintains a near-circular aperture shape at all settings to produce sharply focussed subjects with as much ease as it produces pleasingly defocussed backgrounds.
Ready to work hard
The lens body is dust and moisture resistant, while the front lens has a dust- and grease-repellent fluorine coating to make cleaning easy.
- MOUNT: Sony E-mount
- FORMAT: 35mm full frame
- FOCAL-LENGTH (MM): 16-35
- 35MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL-LENGTH (APS-C): 24-52.5
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS: 13-16
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM): 107?-63?
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C): 83°-44°
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F): 2.8
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F): 22
- APERTURE BLADES: 11
- CIRCULAR APERTURE: Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE: 0.28m (0.92 ft)
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X): 0.19
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM): 82
- MAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT): (body-integrated)
- ZOOM SYSTEM: Manual
- HOOD TYPE: Petal shape, bayonet type
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 88.5 x 121.6mm (3-1/2 x 4-7/8 in.)
- WEIGHT: 680g (24 oz.)