Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS STM
- A versatile telephoto zoom lens that takes you closer to the action. Great for sport, nature and travel photography
- Weighing just 375g this lightweight, compact lens is designed for maximum portability
- A 3.5-stop Image Stabilizer helps protect against the effects of camera shake which are more exaggerated when shooting handheld with a telephoto zoom lens
- STM technology enables smooth, quiet continuous focusing when shooting video and fast accurate AF when capturing photos
- Enjoy superb image quality thanks to an Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) element and Super Spectra lens coatings
- Make quick focus adjustments with a dedicated manual focus ring
- A non-rotating front element ensures filters are easy to use
Canon’s STM lenses
Canon’s new line of STM (stepping motor) lenses are specifically designed for shooting video with the camera’s Movie Servo AF mode. The first STM lens was released along with the Canon EOS 650D and has been designed to work with the AF system so that they’re fast, accurate and silent. The result is a movie that sounds professional without the sound of the noisy AF motor in the background.
Compact, powerful telephoto zoom
Taking you closer to the action, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is the perfect companion for your EOS’s 18-55mm standard zoom lens, and ideal for wildlife, sports and travel photography. It combines powerful telephoto performance with great image quality and instinctive handling.
Optical Image Stabilizer
To help maintain sharpness, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM incorporates Canon’s Image Stabilizer technology. This allows shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower than normal to be used while protecting against the effects of camera shake – great in low light or when shooting at long zoom settings. Panning detection automatically turns off stabilisation in either the horizontal or vertical direction, helping convey a sense of speed when photographing moving subjects.
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM features stepping motor (STM) technology for smooth, quiet continuous focusing when capturing video with your EOS and fast, accurate AF when shooting photos. STM focusing is so quiet that it’s not picked up by the camera’s microphone, leaving your video soundtracks free of unwanted distractions.
Delivering superb image quality
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM uses a UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element and Super Spectra lens coatings to deliver crisp, sharp, high-contrast images throughout the zoom range. A seven-bladed aperture diaphragm increases the quality of out-of-focus areas, so your subject stands out against a soft, blurred background.
Designed for great photography
A manual focus ring allows precise focus adjustments to be made quickly and easily at any time, while a closest focusing distance of 0.85m enables photography of small subjects. A non-rotating front element makes using filters straightforward.