Canon EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM
- Super-slim, pancake design that is highly portable and lets you shoot discreetly
- Natural perspective, similar to that of the human eye
- Smooth, quiet STM focusing when shooting movies*
- Shoot in low light and control depth of field, with a large f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Get close to small subjects, focusing down to just 16cm
Portable ‘pancake’ design
At just 22.8 mm deep, and weighing just 125g, the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM is a highly portable lens that lets you take your EOS anywhere. Its diminutive design makes it discreet too – ideal for street photography.
The 24mm focal length when used on an APS-C EOS body gives the same angle of view as a 38mm lens on a full-frame DSLR. That’s close to that of the human eye, so your pictures will have a natural look and feel about them.
Smooth, quiet focusing
Near-silent STM focusing locks on quickly when shooting still photos, and provides smooth focus transitions when capturing movies, for footage that’s free from distracting focusing noise.*
Wide aperture for low-light shooting
A fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 lets in lots of light, letting you shoot in dark conditions without using flash. It’s ideal for creating shallow depth-of-field effects too, letting you isolate your subject against a soft, out-of-focus background.
Advanced optical design
Enjoy razor-sharp performance right across the frame, with high resistance to flare and coloured fringing. Get as near as 16cm to small subjects for a close-up view of the world.