Key Features: Canon RF 85mm f1.2 L USM Lens
- RF lens mount for Canon’s EOS R mirrorless cameras
- Short telephoto focal length perfect for portraiture, street and low light photography
- Super-fast and wide f/1.2 aperture for shallow focus and exceptional edge-to-edge sharpness
- Smooth, near-silent autofocusing, with Canon’s USM technology
- Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics and aspheric lens element eliminates colour and spherical aberrations
- Lens control ring for extra control over ISO, aperture and shutter
- L-series build quality and weather-sealing
The perfect focal length for portraits
The RF 85mm F1.2L USM is the ideal short telephoto for flattering portraits, producing elegant and detailed results with a pleasing perspective and no distortion.
Fast and bright with superb optical precision
With a fast f/1.2 aperture, the lens is superb in low light offering incredible sharpness and creative expression with pleasing and unique bokeh.
Advanced lens elements and coatings
The lens employs Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) optics and a UD lens element which negate colour aberrations from affecting image quality, while a ground aspheric lens element ensures the highest image quality and ASC coating prevent flare and ghosting.
L-series build quality and weather-sealing
The build quality redefines L-series quality with weather-sealing and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements to guard against water and dust.
Fast USM motor and Lens Control Ring
Thanks to the fast speed of the RF mount and the use of a large ring type USM focusing motor, the RF 85mm F1.2L USM is fast to lock onto a subject while the Lens Control Ring provides additional customisable control over settings.
RF lens mount
The RF mount has been built on the strengths of the existing EF mount and is the result of detailed research by Canon engineers, who have designed an impressive optical system with a flange back distance of 20mm and a wide 54mm diameter lens mount – allowing for faster and lighter lenses with higher performing optics. The new mount’s 12-pin connection enables enhanced communication and power transmission between the lens and camera body, further enhancing lens design options, resulting in higher image quality and enhanced usability.