Nikon 24mm f1.8G ED AF-S: Key Features
- Fast 24mm prime lens: FX-format lens with ultra-wide 24mm focal length (36mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR). Ideal for landscapes, architecture, interiors and streetscapes, as well as for shooting movie footage.
- Bright f/1.8 aperture: allows for distinctive images with shallow depth of field and smooth bokeh. Benefit from the flexibility to shoot with faster shutter speeds and attain clear shots in low light, plus a bright viewfinder image.
- Compact and lightweight: the ultra-portable build makes this a comfortable lens to carry around, and a great lens to travel with.
- High-resolution images: an excellent match for high-resolution D-SLRs, this lens yields superb clarity and contrast throughout the frame. The optical design delivers beautifully rendered images and movies.
- Superb optical performance: two extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements and two aspherical lens elements ensure crisp, brilliant images. Distortion is well controlled, and most forms of aberration and colour dispersion are effectively minimised.
- Nano Crystal Coat: reduces ghosting and flare for greater image clarity, even in backlit situations.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): for quiet and accurate autofocus.
- Minimum focus distance: 0.23m. Easily get in close and have subjects fill the frame.
- Included: bayonet lens hood and soft lens pouch.
Edward Allinson, Junior Product Manager for Lenses & Accessories at Nikon UK says: “The 24mm lens has always been a popular model when it comes to exaggerating perspectives and capturing imaginative images; this new lens is a great addition to Nikon’s f/1.8 line-up and gives the wide-angle series a definitive edge. It offers exceptional image quality and low-light performance, ensuring photographers can capture beautiful scenes and atmospheric shots. Not only this, movie shooters who want to create a cinematic feel can achieve this and deliver excellent video. The compact and lightweight design also makes it an ideal travel companion, and ensures that it is built to last.” /p>
Dynamic, immersive images
Dramatic architecture. Impressive landscapes. Bold streetscapes. Spacious interiors. To capture shots like these, the lens has to be wide and it has to be fast. An excellent match for high-resolution D-SLRs, the new 24mm f/1.8G from Nikon delivers exceptional still images and video. The fast f/1.8 aperture offers shallow depth of field, smooth bokeh, clear low-light images, and a bright viewfinder image. The close focus distance of just 0.23 m offers additional versatility and creative freedom. The compact and lightweight design makes this ultra-wide-angle a great travel companion.
Superior edge-to-edge performance
The new NIKKOR 24mm yields superb clarity and contrast throughout the frame. The optical construction includes 12 elements in nine groups. Two extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements, two aspherical lens elements, and Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat ensure crisp, brilliant images. Distortion is well controlled, as are any potential flaws that typically occur at the periphery of a wide-angle lens, such as light fall-off or loss of sharpness.
Ultra-wide FX. Classic DX
Offering a DX-format focal length equivalent of 36mm, this new lens is interesting for DX photographers too. Now DX users can take advantage of high-quality FX glass that comes close to a classic 35mm focal length when used on a DX camera. The traditional 35mm focal length creates timeless, compelling images. It’s a firm favourite amongst photographers who want to capture images with a classic perspective. In addition to the focal length advantage, the tough but lightweight construction of this new FX lens ensures it balances well on a DX body too.
The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED is supplied with a bayonet lens hood and a soft lens pouch.