Pentax 16-85mm f3.5-5.6 The Key Features:
- 5.3X ratio standard zoom (eq to 24-130mm in 35mm)
- Great for landscapes, portrait, interior shots, travel and more
- Dependable weather-resistant construction
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation driven by a built-in DC motor
- HD Coating to optimise light transmittance and minimise reflection
- ED lens elements for brilliant sharpness and saturated colours
- Round shaped diaphragm to produce beautiful bokeh
- Super Protect coating of the front lens element for effective protection
- Fast manual focusing in AF mode with Quick Shift focus system
Versatile, 5.3-times zoom lens covering ultra-wide angles
This zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 5.3 times to cover the ultra-wide-angle to telephoto ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 24.5mm to 130mm in the 35mm format). In addition to the most commonly used focal lengths, it provides ultra-wide-angle coverage to produce distinctive, creative visual expressions, such as an exaggerated perspective or an extra-wide depth of field. The versatile zoom lens comes in handy for a wide variety of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes and cramped rooms.
Exceptional imaging power to optimise the performance of super-highresolution cameras
Consisting of 16 optical elements in 12 groups, the lens features one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) element and three high-grade aspherical elements to minimise spherical and chromatic aberrations and suppress colour bleeding. In order to accommodate a super-high-pixel image sensor installed in an SLR camera body, its MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) curve is programmed to be higher than those of conventional models in the same class to deliver highresolution, fine-detailed images.
HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this Pentax-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight. * HD stands for High Definition.
Quick-Shift Focus system
The lens is equipped with the Pentax-developed Quick-Shift Focus system, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
The lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with eight special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the lens interior. By pairing it with a weatherresistant digital SLR camera body, it assures a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings – even in rain or mist, or in locations prone to water splashes or spray.
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor