Tamron 11-20mm F2.8 Di III-A RXD – Ѕоnу Е Fіt Кеу Fеаturеѕ:
The Tamron 11-20mm F/2.8 lens is an amazing achievement: optically, functionality and in design.
- World’s first F2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom for APS-C mirrorless cameras: The 11-20mm F2.8 is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with an aperture of F2.8 across the entire zoom range. Meanwhile, it is compact, lightweight and very practical.
- Compact and lightweight for superior usability: The 11-20mm F2.8 is only 86.2mm in length and weighs just 335g. For a fast-aperture F2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, this is a remarkably compact and lightweight combination.
- Outstanding optical performance: The 11-20mm F2.8 construction includes 12 elements in 10 groups. Two precisely located GM (Glass Moulded Aspherical) lens elements assure high resolution across the entire image, from edge to edge.
- Powerful Close Focus at 11mm: The 11-20mm F2.8 boasts an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 15cm at the 11mm focal length setting and 24cm at the 20mm end. At the widest 11mm setting it has an astonishing maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.
- A user-friendly unified 67mm filter size across the series: The 11-20mm F2.8 is so light that the total weight of it and the 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD (Model B070) standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras together is only approximately 860g. The combination of these two lenses covers an extreme range of focal lengths from 11mm to 70mm (equivalent to 16.5mm to 105mm on full-frame cameras) with a fast, wide-open aperture of F2.8 at every focal length.
- Quiet and Rapid RXD focussing – ideal for Video too: RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) uses an actuator to precisely control the rotational angle of the motor, allowing it to directly drive the focusing lens without passing through a reduction gear. A sensor that precisely detects the position of the lens enables high-speed and accurate AF, which is ideal when shooting continually moving subjects or recording video.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
Compatible with many Sony camera-specific AF-features and functions
Tamron’s new 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD is compatible with many of the advanced features that are specific to certain mirrorless cameras. These include the following:
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Eye AF
- Direct Manual Focus (DMF)
- In-camera lens correction (shading, chromatic aberration, distortion)
- Camera-based lens unit firmware updates
Shoot any time and anywhere
The new 11-20mm F/2.8 RXD zoom is protected by Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating making them ideal for outdoor shooting. Its 67mm filter size is identical to Tamron’s 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD zoom lens for Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras and also most of the series of full-frame mirrorless cameras that also sit nicely on APS-C cameras too.