Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 Di III VC VXD – Ѕоnу FЕ Fіt Кеу Fеаturеѕ:
The Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 lens is an amazing achievement: optically, functionality and in design.
- Extra compact design: The 150-500mm F5-6.7 is just 209.6mm long with a maximum diameter of 93mm, an astoundingly compact size for a 500mm-class ultra-telephoto zoom for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- High image quality: The optical construction features 25 elements in 16 groups. The generous and effective use of special lens elements including one XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion), five LD (Low Dispersion), and two Hybrid Aspherical lens elements thoroughly controls aberrations including axial chromatic aberrations.
- Quiet and fast VXD Autofocus: The 150-500mm F5-6.7 features the same highly acclaimed VXD linear motor focus mechanism that was first introduced in the 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056). VXD delivers extreme high-speed and high-precision movement and ensures exceedingly responsive performance.
- Ultra stable with VC (Vibration Compensation): The slim, compact 150-500mm F5-6.7 is equipped with TAMRON’s VC mechanism. The lens features a VC mode selection switch with three settings (Mode 1: Standard, Mode 2: Exclusively for Panning, and Mode 3: Framing Priority.
- Tele-macro capability as close as 0.6m: The 150-500mm F5-6.7 offers excellent close-up shooting capabilities for an ultra-telephoto lens. The MOD is 0.6m at the 150mm end and 1.8m at the 500mm telephoto end. The maximum magnification ratio at 150mm is exceptionally high at 1:3.1.
- Additional features for greater convenience: Arca-Swiss compatible tripod mount with strap attachment holes included, Lens hood with flexible protective front portion, New switch design for improved operability and TAMRON FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism to support greater usability .
- BBAR-G2 Coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
Compatible with many Sony camera-specific AF-features and functions
Super high speed autofocus with Tamron VXD motor
To support handheld shooting in the ultra-telephoto range, the new zoom is also equipped with VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), a linear motor focussing mechanism that delivers agile performance to keep up with your subject, whilst remaining super quiet. At the 150mm end this is also particularly important as the lens offers an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.6m for powerful and dramatic close-ups.