Pentax 18-50mm Key Features:
- Super thin standard zoom eq to 27-76mm in 35mm, with retractable mechanism for more compacity and portability
- Dependable weather-resistant construction against water infi ltration
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation driven by a built-in DC motor
- HD Coating to optimize light transmittance and minimize refl ection
- Round shaped diaphragm to produce beautiful bokeh
- Super Protect coating of the front lens element for effective protection
- Fast manual focusing in AF mode with Quick Shift focus system
- Ultracompact with only 41mm height
- Equipped with a push button to prevent wrong operation
- Lenshood included
1. The world’s shortest standard zoom lens
This standard zoom lens offers a zoom ratio of approximately 2.8 times to cover the wide-angle to standard ranges (for focal lengths equivalent to 27.5mm to 76.5mm in the 35mm format), which are the most frequently used ranges in general photographic applications. Thanks to its new retractable mechanism, it measures a mere 41millimeters in length in the stored position – the world’s shortest for a standard zoom lens – to assure outstanding portability in combination with today’s downsized digital SLR camera body.
2. Dependable weather-resistant construction
This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with nine special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, the user is assured of a durable, reliable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings – even in the rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
3. Exceptional image rendition to accommodate latest digital SLR cameras
Incorporating super-low dispersion glass elements and aspherical elements in its 11-element/eight-group optics, this lens effectively compensates various aberrations for high-contrast, high-resolution, fine-detailed images with minimal colour bleeding.
4. HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures less reflection and higher light transmittance to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight. * HD stands for High Definition.
5. Quick-Shift Focus System
This lens is equipped with the PENTAX-developed Quick- Shift Focus System, which allows the user to instantly switch to manual-focus operation, even when the camera’s AF system is in operation.
6. Other features
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease
- Smooth, quiet autofocus operation, driven by the built-in DC motor
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocused) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources
- Low-profile lens hood (included),designed for easy carrying without