Pentax 15-30mm f2.8 HD ED SDM WR (FA) Main Features:
- Ultra-wide-angle zoom
- Large, bright F2.8 aperture
- Suitable for landscapes, portrait, nightscapes, interior
- HD coating reduces chromatic aberration
- SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) fast, quiet AF
- Weather-resistant construction
- Nine blades to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh
1. Exceptional imaging power
When mounted on the PENTAX K-1 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera body, this zoom lens provides an ultra-wide-angle focal-length coverage from 15mm to 30mm. Its exaggerated perspective helps the photographer produce spectacular images in landscape photography. Since it provides a 30mm focal length at the telephoto end, it can also be used for such casual applications as snapshots.
2. State-of-the-art optical design
This zoom lens incorporates three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements and three aspherical optical elements in its 18-element, 13-group optics, to deliver high-resolution images rich in contrast even at the edges of the image field, while effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, distortion and coma.
3. Large-aperture zoom lens, with a maximum aperture of F2.8
Since this zoom lens provides a maximum aperture of F2.8 over its entire zoom range, it is versatile enough to be used for many different subjects and scenes, ranging from sweeping landscapes to nightscapes and starry skies. Despite its ultra-wide-angle perspective, it can capture the subject with an excellent bokeh (defocus) effect on the background. Even in macro photography from its minimum focusing distance of 28 centimeters, it can capture subjects with a well-defined sense of depth.
4. Built-in SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor)
The incorporation of a new-generation SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) assures that this zoom lens provides quiet, high-speed autofocus operation, letting the photographer react swiftly to all types of subjects.
5. Weather-resistant construction
Special seals applied throughout the lens body provide this zoom lens with dependable weather-resistant construction, effectively preventing the intrusion of water into the lens interior. By pairing it with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, the photographer has a durable, dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly under demanding shooting conditions – even in the rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
6. HD Coating to improve image description
The lens is treated with high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight. * HD stands for High Definition.
7. Other features
- Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching from autofocus to manual-focus operation, by holding the shutter-release button halfway down and turning the focus ring after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- Rounded diaphragm with nine blades to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources.
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease.